Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Catching up!
This first card was the "mistake" card. I colored the cat with some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Chipped Sapphire and discovered it clashed with the background so I tore it off.  What I did here was to create the background using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Stormy Sky using the background stamp that I got from Technique Junkies recently called Pillow Ticking. I adore this background stamp and it stamped perfectly right out of the package.  

Next, I grunged up the edges using the Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo.  I stamped the cat from the Snarky Cats Halloween stamp set directly on to the background so that when I fussy cut the second stamping I would be able to keep the fine whiskers and hairs.  I used a bottle cap to make the stain on the background.  I tore the edges of the background and coated with more Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo.  I swipe stamped some white cardstock with more of the Stormy Sky Distress Oxide then sewed the background onto the colored cardstock.  I glued that down to the Kraft cardstock card base.  

I created the R&R from a stamp from a company who was clearing out their inventory then double coated it with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Glaze.  

I used a brick stencil from Tim Holtz to stencil on the bricks with some Distress Texture paste in Crackle.  When it dried, I brushed on Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.  

Finally, I decorated it with some Tim Holtz ephemera and stamped the Happy Birthday.  Links to all products will be listed below.

This was the cat that I had stamped for the first card. I water colored the cat with the Distress Oxide in Chipped Sapphire after stamping him with Ranger Archival ink in Black Soot. I found the Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide to be too cool to fit in so I started over, this time doing the background in Black Soot distress Oxide. 


Products: 

Technique Junkies Pillow Ticking, be sure to check out the March release and the wonderful videos from Glitter Grunge Greetings and Tracy Schultz YouTube channels!

Snarky Cat Halloween

Distress Products from Ranger
 

I am not affiliated in any way with any of these links, it's just where I shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment