Tuesday, February 23, 2021

 Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge



I decided to enter a little friendly competition over at Simon Says Stamps.

This week the challenge is "Your Favorite Technique." Ink blending is my favorite technique hands down.  My favorite ink blending technique is stamp and smudge.  

In this example I used Distress Oxides.  The sundial is stamped then blended in Dried Marigold, the jellyfish is stamped then blended in Mermaid Lagoon, the greenery is stamped and then blended in Iced Spruce.  

I die cut the sea plants out of colored card stock.  

I ink blended on some white card stock then stamped the fish over the blending. I then fussy cut the fish and fully embossed it with Ranger Kitsch Flamingo embossing glaze.  

I stamped the sentiment then embossed it with WOW Silver embossing powder over black ink and then again with Peacock Feathers embossing glaze.  

I used black cardstock for the base and embossed the edges with some glittery embossing powder.  

I raised the panel with some fun foam and glued it down then raised the fish on some foam strips and added it in. 

Finally, I embellished it with some clear round pearls and some Nuvo drops.  

I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment