Monday, February 22, 2021


Exploring Alcohol Ink
Got out my Alcohol inks today since it was warm enough outside to have the window cracked.  This was Play 1. I used just two colors of ink here and it's done on Cricut Vinyl (I was out of Yupo, again.) Creating these backgrounds is so addicting.  Here I used Espresso and Citrus.  The method. Drop some ink, drop some 91% Isopropyl Alcohol and use a special tool to blow/guide the ink.

There is only one way I could teach this and that would be video.  Never two come out the same. Alcohol ink tends to have its own path. Embrace it.


This one was done with just ONE magical color.  Mushroom.  It seems to react with the alcohol differently than with the Alcohol Blending Solution. I doused my Yupo with alcohol then one drop at a time I blew in the direction I hoped for.  When I had a nice blob in the center, I started pouring alcohol on with a dropper with the paper tilted and blew like mad with my bellows-type tool.  I created the center with some textured and distressed paper and added more texture with Scrapbook.com Color Pops.



Same method only also used Alcohol Pearls in Foundry.



Watermelon and Pepper. White Nuvo drops for the center.




  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment