Thursday, February 18, 2021

 Inspired by Tim Holtz paper Dolls vintage photos, I decided to use my own photos.


This is my great, great grandmother.  She and her husband immigrated to the United States from Yugoslavia.  I printed the image that is already sepia toned on plan printer paper, taped it to 110lb card stock with double sided sticky tape and cut it out with a Stitched die from Simon Says Stamps then coated with Ranger Distress Glaze. I stamped an image from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz "Dearly Departed, the cursive writing. I then stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz stamp set "The Journey."  Both stamped in Distress Archival ink in the color Black Soot.  

I used a Tim Holtz stencil, I apologize I don't know the name, and scraped some Distress Texture Paste in Crackle randomly.  

I ink blended the mat layer with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Kitsch Flamingo then glued the panel onto it.  

The rose was made with Tim Holtz Tattered Florals and colored with the Distress inks in Vintage Photo and Kitsch Flamingo.  I attached the tag with a brad and the lace from my stash and then attached the whole thing to a card base ink blended with Vintage Photo.

This is my grandmother picture taken in the late 1930s.  I cut it out with Tim Holtz Sizzix Deckle frame die and did the same with the mat layer. I distressed the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink and attached to black card base.  Flower and pearl from my stash.



This is my favorite. It's my mom playing dress up around 1948.  I used a background that I created when creating mass background and I really didn't like it. I kept it because you never know!


No comments:

Post a Comment