Wednesday, February 17, 2021

 Lucky One


Tim Holtz products used:

Flower Garden CMS215

Shadow Script #1 662684

Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper

Distress Ink used - Aged Mahogany

Distress Oxides used - Well, most of them.


Years ago I created a wall hanging paper pieced "quilt" with this same pattern with Batik fabrics.

For the card, I hand drew the base bowl on some heavy white card stock and used it as a template. I then cut the base bowl and then each bowl part angled at the bottom so they would appear stacked. Using my Ranger Embossing pen, I used a ruler and drew the lines on the bowls and then heat embossed them using WOW Platinum embossing powder.

I freehand drew the little bird and cut him out of some Tim Holtz brown card stock.  After I glued him on, I decided I didn't like the brown so I colored it!  

For the background I used Aged Mahogany only and did the ink smooshing technique.  It's so cold right now that we have our space heaters going and I managed to blow a fuse while trying to dry the wet background.  Fast forward to my husband clicking every single breaker in the house.  This is one that blows out often. You would think the man would label it. I digress! When it was finally dry enough I stamped out the chrysanthemum stamp with my MISTI tool and heat embossed each flower with the same WOW Platinum embossing powder.

I roughed up the edges with the Tim Holtz thread cutter and inked them with a brush and more Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.  I glued all the parts on the panel and glued that to some black card stock.  I then glued that to some Kraft cardstock.  

I cut out the word Lucky with my Sidekick, three times in black and one time in the Tim Holtz Metallic Card Stock in the Jewel Tones. I glued them all together to create some dimension. Let me tell you, stacking those tiny things is a bear! I cut out some chopsticks freehand then added clear heat embossing over them.  I glued those to the bowls and added some amber rhinestones for a finishing touch.  

I winged it with the envelope using a 12x12 sheet of cardstock and heat embossed the same flower with the same embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment