Tuesday, March 2, 2021


I went vintage grunge for the second card in my St. Patrick's Day series. This is a mini slimline card that measures 3 1/2 x 6 inches.  I started with a piece of Neenah cardstock in white and trimmed it down to 3 1/4 x 5 3/4. I used my brush to color it with Lucky Clover Distress Ink.  Onto that I tacked down the Tim Holtz fabric that I had stained with the Lucky Clover Distress ink with some Distress Collage Medium and let it dry.  I attached the metal band using some velvet ribbon from Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Christmas collection. I then used my sewing machine to sew it together.  

I created the clover with some heavy card stock coated in Tim Holtz Distress Mica spray in Tarnished Pewter.  I cut it out using Tim Holtz Impresslits Heart and Clover then colored it with Distress Crayon in Black Soot and rubbed most of it off leaving the worn appearance.  I tacked that on using a brad.  I grunged up the card base and sewed down another background paper then attached the front with some foam tape.

I also grunged up the envelope with some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide and Lucky Clover Distress Oxide and stamped on a large clover stamp from Colorado Stamp Company.  I die cut an address label and glued it on and stamped the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment