Saturday, March 6, 2021

In memory of Joseph William Pori 1-8-1993 to 6-2-2020 For Black Balloon Day to raise awareness of the countless drug overdose deaths around the world and in support of all of the grieving family left behind in the wake of the drug epidemic.


This was a very difficult card to make. Not so much in the technical aspect but in the emotional one.  It is very hard to glue on embellishments through tears.  I had to press on.

Anyway. How it was done. 

I made the background on Yupo with Tim Holtz Ranger alcohol ink.  I followed the advice of fellow fairy stampers and made a copy by scanning it into my computer and printing it out! WOW! I did take it a step further and took it into Photoshop where I added the orbs at the top because it was white. I added a layer underneath it in Photoshop then removed the white at the top.  I filled in the layer beneath with some pink then chose a pink from the main image for the foreground color and a darker pink for the background and applied the Render Clouds filter. I guess I never told you that I used to write for a magazine based out of the UK teaching digital photo techniques.  I wrote technical tutorials step-by-step how to create effects in Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. I digress. 

Using my Misti stamping platform, I first stamped the Tree of Wisdom on the left with Versafine Clair Nocturn ink then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next, I stamped and embossed the vines in the same way.  Next came Rufus, my spirit animal, also stamped and embossed followed by part of The Moon Tree and a tiny fairy. All these stamps are from The Fairy Stamper website.

I carefully outlined the silhouettes with a .5 Gelly Roll pen, then I sprayed the whole thing with Technique Junkies Shimmering Bliss in iridescent.  I blended both Aged Mahogany and Black Soot Distress Ink along the edges then I mounted it on Tim Holtz Metallic Paper and then mounted that onto some black cardstock with Gina K Connect glue and some fun foam.

The sentiment is from LDRS Creative. It's a cool sentiment stamp set that has a coordinating die to cut out multiple sentiments at once. This set I stamped on black cardstock then white heat embossed with WOW superfine embossing powder.   




No comments:

Post a Comment