Sunday, March 7, 2021

Thought I would make a card out of a failed background.  I saw a video where the maker used Tim Holtz Alcohol Lift Ink on her alcohol painted background and got a near perfect print by laying paper on top of it.

Let me tell you, that was NOT the case for me.  All I made was a mess.  I couldn't let all of that yummy ink go to waste, so instead I improvised.  

Step 1. Glue a paper feather that I was never going to use over in the corner then cover it with Distress Texture Paste.  
Step 2. Pour some white paint on some scrap paper and dip an empty tape roll into it to get some sort of paint can spill circles.
Step 3. Decide to add more texture, so I got out the Distress Mica Flakes (not just for Christmas anymore.) I pressed the flakes right into the still wet texture paste.
Step 4. Shake my head and walk away and leave it to dry overnight.
Step 5. Consider my next steps over 5:30 AM coffee.  The original color was a rainbow of different colors that I managed to get from the monoprint. I was not happy with them, so I went to work with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to tone it down and warm it up. Okay, better.
Step 6. Got out the medallions I had made yesterday and decided I should probably use one.  This one is made with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Impresslit 662720 Medallion on cream colored card stock.  I dipped it in embossing ink the coated it with Speckled Egg Embossing Glaze. Next I grunged it up with the Distress Crayons in Antique Photo and Antique Gold.  
Step 7. Started to look through my ephemera for some more embellishments and spent the next 4 hours reorganizing my craft room and ephemera.  
Step 8.  Pick out the ephemera that I wanted to use and decided on placement.
Step 9. Decided to distress the edges with a thread cutting tool and then sew around that.
Steps the rest. Glued everything on where I wanted it and glued it to a Kraft card base.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment