Thursday, May 19, 2022

Love is Love


With Pride month coming up, I figured this year I would drown myself in love rather than sorrow. June 2 marks the second year I have been without my son, Joe.  It's a daily struggle and creating keeps me happy!

For this card I started out by creating the faux tie dye background using re-inkers from Simon Hurley and a watercolor panel.  Video below.

Next, I cut out the words PRIDE and IS from some silver cardstock scrap from the die set Alphanumeric Varsity from Tim Holtz and Sizzix.  I love this set because it has the outlines and the middles! I then cut PRIDE again from some of Tim Holtz metallic cardstock collection in gold.

I cut out the two loved from a die I got when I very first started making cards and did not keep the packaging, so I have no clue where it came from.  If you do, let me know!

I cut out a heart shape in vellum from my Honey Bee die set called Helping Hands.  

I stuck the silver PRIDE direct to the cardstock.  I did use a tip Tim gave in one of his live videos of using double-sided tape on the back of the paper. It worked a charm.  Next, I glued down the gold outline.

I put the Love is Love together on the vellum heart and then stuck some foam tape to the back of the IS so I could pop it up.

I cut the main panel down to roughly 3 1/2 x 5 and then cut some of the same gold cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4.  I popped up the main panel onto the gold panel with some foam tape then glued it all down to a white 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base.

I stuck the little heart down and then glued on some heart embellishments that I got from Sizzix!


Here's the video on how to make faux tie dye.




No comments:

Post a Comment