Friday, May 27, 2022

ArtStack May 2022

I started out with some watercolor paper and ink smooshed the background using Old Paper and Weathered Wood Oxides and set it aside to dry.  I fussy cut one of the images from Deb Weiers Wonky Faces from ArtStacks.  I created small splatters using the Weathered Wood Oxide and a fan brush as well as brushed a bit onto the background. I toner foiled some of the background stripes from Deb Weiers Wonky Backgrounds and glued a part of the negative foil onto the background with some Collage Medium then peeled  up the plastic while still a bit damp and rubbed some more Weathered Wood Over to get that sort of grungy look.

I used some sticky dots to glue the figure onto the background then outlined her with my Stabilo black pencil and used a small wet brush to expand the shadow around her to sort of maker her pop and add dimension.  I cut a circle out of the stripped background paper and glued it onto a couple of same sized heavy cardstock to give it some dimension and used a white and black colored pencil to create a shadow and light then grunged it up a bit with some Peeled Paint Oxide and glued it down to a bunch of silver thread.  I cut out some of the words from the Wonky backgrounds and also popped them up on some heavy cardstock to make them sturdy. I altered one of the words to read inSANITY outlined with black pen and red pencil, then added some of the Peeled Paint and Weathered Wood Oxide. I also added a litte piece of blue twine to one of the words. I cut a small circle out of the Wonky Backgrounds paper and also added shadow to it and glued it down to the card panel.  I glued the words down then outlined the whole thing with my black Stabilo pencil and smeared it a bit.  I cut a mat piece out of black cardstock with my Deckle Trimmer and glued the panel down to that then popped the whole thing up onto a Kraft card base.  I added the small dots of dimensionals and she was done!

Grab your Wonky Packets over at ArtStacks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment