Monday, September 6, 2021

Lets Creep it Real Folks!


 Here's a mixed media card using a different background technique I demonstrated on my YouTube Channel.


First I created the background using Black Soot Distress Ink and Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide using the blowing technique.  The first layer was the Black Soot followed by a top layer of Hickory Smoke.  I then completed the background with some mica spray from my stash from Technique Junkies.  I trimmed it down to 4 x 5 1/4 using my Tim Holtz Deckle Trimmer.

I layered some foam tape on the background and covered it with some gauze that I had colored with the Distress Mica Stains then glued it down to a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 black card base.

For the bug I sprayed some scrap watercolor paper with Distress Mica Stain in Jack-O-Lantern and Crooked Broomstick and a little bit of Crackling Campfire Distress Spray Stain. I dried it then cut out the bug and stamped it with the Distress Archival Ink in Black Soot. I stamped the bug again on some vellum with some Versa-Fine Clair and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder from Ranger. I cut out the little wings and then used some Glossy Accents to raise the body and help the little wings stick on. I spotted his eyes with some red Posca pen after the Glossy Accents had dried.

For the sentiment.  I cut out one of the sentiments from the Reverse Sentiments Halloween from Simon Says Stamps then colored the outside edges black.  I laid down some of the Grave Texture Paste on a scrap of velum and then smashed the sentiment into it so the paste would ooze out and cover the sides.  I let it dry then trimmed it and distressed it with Black Soot Distress Ink.

For the bricks I sprayed some scrap watercolor paper with Distress Spray Stain in Crackling Campfire and Rusty Hinge and let it dry.  I then used the brick stencil and filled in the bricks with the Distress Grit Paste in Crypt. I let it dry then distressed it with some Black Soot Distress Ink and stenciled on the number 13 from the Lost and Found stencil. I tore the paper into the shape I wanted then dirtied up the torn edges with more Black Soot Distress Ink.

I stamped the undertaker stamp from the Dearly Departed stamp set with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink then placed my components!

Tim Holtz Products Used

Stencils: Bricks THS-038 and Lost and Found THS-051
Black Soot Distress Ink
Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide
Black Soot Distress Archival
Crypt Distress Grit Paste
Grave Distress Texture Paste
Entomology Stamp CMS-328 and Die 663068
Distress Spray Stains Crackling Campfire and Rusty Hinge
Dearly Departed Stamp CMS-413
Distress Mica Stain in Jack-O-Lantern and Crooked Broomstick

Other Products Used

Shimmering Bliss spray from Technique Junkies in Smoldering Ash
Reptile Adhesive
Black Licorice card stock from Simon Says Stamps
Glossy Accents
Posca Pen from Dick Blick
Gauze from my bathroom cabinet.



No comments:

Post a Comment