Wednesday, September 1, 2021


 Hi everyone! It's beginning to look a lot like spooky time! This little spooky guy was made with all Tim Holtz products except for the black paper!

First I created the background using the new Distress Mica Stains.  With the lightest color, Flickering Candle, in the top left corner.  When designing this card, I knew roughly where I wanted things and I truly wanted this spider and her web to stand out.

I followed that with Crooked Broomstick around the perimeter. I love how the Crooked Broomstick and Hocus Pocus look together, so I finished off with Hocus Pocus.  I stamped the candy stealing spider and her web directly to the paper after I threw on a few splashes of Bubbling Cauldron.

Next up was the task of creating the scared pumpkin.  Both the spider and the pumpkin are from Tim Holtz Snarky Cats Halloween set.  First I stamped out the pumpkin then I coated him with the Jack-O-Lantern Distress Mica Stain and used the Bubbling Cauldron for the stem with a paintbrush along with a couple of splashes on the pumpkin for good measure. I cut the top off of the pumpkin and measured some scrap I had with the Flickering Candle Mica Stain to create the inside part of the pumpkin.  

What about his face? His eyes and mouth are cut from one of the stamped Snarky Cats from the original Snarky Cats stamp set. I stamped them on scraps and then fussy cut and glued on his face.

I created the ground by first applying the Distress Texture Paste in Grave, sprayed with more Hocus Pocus Mica Stain then piled on the Distress Mica Flakes in Black.

I lightly and randomly stamped the script from Dearly Departed on the background.  I used the Tattered Harlequin stencil and spread on some of the Grave Texture Paste. My paper wasn't dry enough which resulted in it all peeling off leaving a happy accident on the background!

I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Halloween stamp set onto black cardstock and then white heat embossed it. I cut out the rectangle then coated the edges with more Grave texture paste. I glued it all down to a black card base and Frightened Pumpkin was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment