Wednesday, September 1, 2021


I got my new toys in the mail today and had to have a play! I got the new Distress crayons in Kitsch Flamingo, Salvaged Patina, and Prize Ribbon as well as the Frosted Crystal Distress embossing powder.  

Since next month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Kitsch Flamingo is the perfect pink, I thought I was put them in partnership on a couple of cards.  

I started with the You Can card by deckling the edges of some cardstock so I could place my colors.  Distress Crayons are so easy! I simply drew some squiggly lines and blended with a damp finger.  I cut out the ribbon with a die and then heat embossed it with the Frosted Crystal then just rubbed the Kitsch Flamingo Crayon all over the top and rubbed it in!  I stamped You Can with Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then rubbed more of the crayon lightly over the top and wiped with a damp cloth to clean it off the embossing and fussy cut the words. I stacked the ribbon over the top of a couple of white die cuts to add some dimension then used the crayon to color the sides for all over color.  I splattered Kitsch Flamingo Distress Paint all over the background and let it dry.

I stamped the Triumph directly to the paper with the Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide then glued the background panel to a Kraft card base.  I then glued on the ribbon and the You Can and this card was complete.

For the second card I just colored in thick lines and spread with a wet finger, a couple of coats of all three colors.  I then embossed the panel and glued it to a pink card base.  I colored the ribbon with the Kitsch Flamingo Distress Crayon and stacked it with some layers of the same die cut to get the dimension.  

On some white card stock I stamped Kick Cancer's Butt with the Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide then clear heat embossed. I then coated it with the Salvaged Patina crayon and then wiped it down with a wet finger and fussy cut it out. I glued the sentiment right over the top of the ribbon.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment