Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Last night on my YouTube channel live I talked about finding a stamp, making the investment, in a stamp that is You and is easy to work with, and incredibly versatile.  This Picket Fence Stamps stamp is me 100%.  

This image was created with the assistance of my audience.  I stamped out the stamp on a 4 1/2 by 5 1/4 piece of Tim Holtz Distress Specialty Stamping Paper. It was my first time trying it and it IS good for stamping, but not so much for blending charcoal pencil which was what I attempted around the tops of the toes to give that depth.  I stamped the shoes again on the spider paper from my stash and then fussy cut and paper pieced them on to the paper. I could not find a red marker in my supplies that I was happy with and Pam (PJB Stamper) suggested I try the Lunar Paste from Simon Hurley.  I was super happy with it for the shoelaces. I decided it would be a cool idea to also use the paste for a background so I slathered it on and textured it up. I coated the shoelaces this morning with Glossy Accents from Ranger. 

Next I cut the shoes out and trimmed them to fit the background.  It was too wet to finish last night, so I carried on this morning.

I made some blood drips last year with some red hot glue, but they were not red enough so I decided to also coat them in the red Lunar Paste.  I am pleased with the outcome.  I used a Tim Holtz rub on for the bug and a Tim Holtz sentiment and glued it all together. I matted it with some silver holographic card stock from Simon Says Stamp then mounted it all raised up with foam backing onto some Licorice Black card stock, also from Simon Says Stamp.


I decided to make a holiday card while we were waiting for the Lunar Paste to dry on the Halloween card.  I stamped then gold heat embossed the shoes with Ranger's Princess Gold embossing powder.  I then painted the canvas of the shoes with some light yellow/gold mica watercolor paint from KingsArt.  I grabbed some paper from my extensive stash that I felt would support the holiday feel.  Since the paper was more of an off-white color I decided to fill in the white parts of the shoes with a touch of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Antique Linen.

I cut out the shoes and glued them onto the background panel.  Meg suggested that I put some wings on it and I agreed. I grabbed my Wings Impresslit folder from Tim Holtz and Ranger and cut them out of gold cardstock.  I glued them on the shoes and then went to task of finding a sentiment that would not overtake the wings. 

We ran out of time on the live and I took the sentiment part to task this morning.  I used just the word Peace from the Peace on Earth stamp in my Tim Holtz sentiments stamps.  I stamped it out on just some white cardstock with Versafine ink in Nocturn then gold heat embossed with Ranger Gold embossing powder.  I colored over the top again with the Antique Linen and then die cut with one of the dies from my Hero Arts Infinity circle die sets and cut the gold with a larger circle and glued them all on.  I added some confetti from my Honey Bee Stamps confetti collection and mounted on an off-white cardbase. 


Here is the stamp set. I got mine at Scrapbook.com

Here is the video from last night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment