Tuesday, December 22, 2020

I thought I would start off with a few reviews of some stamps I recently received.  This one is called Kitty Watching from Technique Junkies.  It's a red rubber stamp with perfect detail. I just love the emotion this darling's face invokes.  

I stamped her on 120lb white card stock in Versafine Onyx black ink.  I wanted to keep the black and white feel of the card so I just shaded her in some Copic colors N0 and N2.  The silver background is from my stash of no-named scraps and I stamped the same image with Staz-On black ink. I love the smell of that stuff! I fussy cut the kitty and glued her down over the top of the stamped image on the background so I could keep the whiskers details.  I mounted a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Big Snarky Sentiments on black card stock and mounted that with Scotch mounting tape onto the silver background.  I matted the background with the same black card stock and then mounted that to white cardstock that I ink blended with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Black Soot and the water droplets technique. Finally, I added the clear glass embellishments, mostly trying to cover where I had damaged the paper! 

If you want to learn some cool techniques, head on over to Ryan's Youtube channel where you can get a discount on this and more stamps from Technique Junkies!

Be kind, this is only day one of a more dedicated blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment