Sunday, February 6, 2022



This card is created for the #ModSquadChallenge with the theme of hearts and flowers.

I started with a plain piece of muslin fabric and secured it around my mini MISTI mouse pad.  I grabbed my Kitchen Sink Stamps set "Angel's Wings" and stamped the first two layers with Tim Holtz Distress Archival Ink in Faded Jeans.  The next two layers were stamped Ranger Archival Ink in the color Cobalt. the final layer was stamped with Versafine Clair in Twilight.  

I grabbed another piece of plain muslin fabric and sprayed it with Dylusions Ink Spray in the color Cherry Pie followed by Dylusions Mica Spray. also in Cherry Pie.

Next, I frayed the edges of the main fabric and distressed it and the heart with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.

I glued down the heart over the top of some of the leftover frayed strings.

Next, I grabbed my cloud edger stencil, also from Kitchen Sink Stamps and created clouds with the Twilight ink and a soft stencil brush.

I stamped the word LOVE from my Colorado Craft Company stamp set called "Shamrock Trinity" with the Twilight Ink.  

I stitched the whole thing onto some Distress Kraft Cardstock then distressed the edges further with the Twilight Ink.

I coated a piece of green embroidery floss to form stems and leaves and glued it down with Distress Collage Medium and then glued the little flowers on from my stash.  I added some gold confetti from Honey Bee Stamps to balance the whole thing out.

#tim_holtz
#modsquadchallenge
#rangerink
#honeybeestamps
#kitchensinkstamps



 

1 comment:

  1. Well this is simply wonderful. Using fabric is so fun and unique. I must say I have never actually tried it, very creative!!! Lots of FABULOUS work here, and a great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad. Hope to see you back again soon!
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete