Saturday, February 12, 2022



 Today's live with Tim Holtz was magical and I was inspired to watch from my iPad and create with him.  Here is my process in case you wondered.


I grabbed a piece of Distress Specialty Stamping Paper and stamped the design from Rockstar CMS073 on the top and bottom with Peeled Paint Distress Archival Ink, then I stamped the words from  Papillon CMS106 right in the center with Vintage Photo Distress Archival ink.  I let them dry then applied Speckled Egg Distress ink with a brayer and gave it a spray with water.  

I grabbed the stencil and stenciled the flourish design with some Distress Texture Paste in clear matte then sprinkled on some Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Glaze and let it dry...mostly. I then heat embossed it to get both a translucent and bit of a bubbly texture.  I then distressed the edges with some Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink.  

I cut out the parts of the bird in a heavy white cardstock then colored the parts with Prize Ribbon, Speckled Egg, and Weathered Wood Oxides along with some Black Soot and put him all together. I distressed all of the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink and added some depth with Peeled Paint Distress Archival ink then glued him down to the background.  

I used one of the star strips and I don't know the name of the Impresslit because I tossed the wrapper!

I grabbed an old book page and tore a piece for an accent then glued his feet to the strip.  

I used some Distress Collage Paste to collage the old book page to another 4 1/8 x 5 1/8 piece of card stock then distressed the edges here and there with some Walnut Stain Distress ink then glued it all down to a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 green card base.

Products Used

Distress Embossing Glaze in Speckled Egg, Weathered Wood, and Walnut Stain

Distress Archival Ink in Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso, and Black Soot

Distress Ink in Speckled Egg and Weathered Wood

Bird and Egg Colorize 665857

Distress Oxides in Speckled Egg, Prize Ribbon, Vintage Photo

Flourish Stencil THS032

Rockstar CMS073

Papillon CMS106

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to add that I used some POSCA paint pens to add speckles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn’t know you had a blog. Glad you posted this. How do I get on the mailing list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one thing I don't have is a mailing list.

    ReplyDelete