Friday, August 26, 2022

Uncomfortable

For this card I used wings from the new Wings and Things and the All Dressed Up new ArtStacks August release.  The images in these packs lend themselves beautifully to collage-type projects like this card.  Leave it to me to find the most emotional images in the bunch! You can find these paper packs and so much more at ArtStacks!


Sometimes we use art to invoke an emotion. Sometimes that emotion is hard. I bring this to make you feel uncomfortable. Not because I don't love you, but because I do. Like the woman in this card, very broken, very uncomfortable, it is my life.  I lost my son to Fentanyl in 2020. He was just 27 years old.  I always told my kids if anything were to happen to them I would simply die.  I am still alive.

This is banner number 21 of nearly 30 in JUST ONE Facebook group. That's my son Joe second to the bottom row sixth one down.  The others are other parents sons and daughters.  

Over 100,000 people in the US died from drug overdose or Fentanyl poisoning in 2021.  Most of them young, some as young as 12. That makes me uncomfortable. 

August is Overdose Awareness month. I am always aware.  Uncomfortable.  I am outraged that this type of death is considered part of the underbelly of society. That someone has the nerve to say "maybe he shouldn't have been taking drugs." That there are banners like this one.

So, I make this card because I want you to notice and be uncomfortable.  Looks for signs, talk to your kids about the danger of just ONE pill because it's real, keep an open mind that it could be someone you love.  If you even suspect, take a Narcan administration class and keep it on hand. JUST ONE PILL.



5 comments:

  1. Big hugs Tracy ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and prayers. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs. Honestly, there is not an issue with prescribed doses. The issue comes when it is used in strong doses and snuck into pills that are bought on the street. The opioid crises is real. People get on pain meds for legit reasons and become addicted and then there is not more prescription. They have to take to the streets to survive.

    ReplyDelete