Saturday, April 16, 2022

New Filming Surface


I needed to find a solution for a filming surface that didn't have a glare with my lights so I set out to make one myself and here is the result.

The Process

I bought some sticky shelf liner and then set out to find exactly what I might stick it to! A 12x12 surface is too small so I needed something bigger. Rummaging through my seemingly endless craft supplies I came across this 16x16 ruler.  It's a strip cutting ruler from back when I was a dedicated quilter and has sat untouched for maybe 8 years.  Sacrifices HAVE to be made.  I stuck the shelf liner to it, but it just looked, I don't know, plasticky and still shiny.

Okay, what if I dab alcohol ink all over it and make it look like a sort of marbled wood surface? Okay I grabbed my 3 go-to browns, Latte, Caramel, and Coffee and started dabbing on with the felt pad.  Looked good, but STILL shiny.  

What if I coat the whole thing in Collage Medium? That's matte, right? So I did.  It was better and I was good with it until....I SPOTTED the collage paper in my stash. I thought I might just tear a little piece off from the Aviary roll and stick it in the corner to see how it might look.  The Collage Medium was still wet so, why not? 

The next thing you know there are rolls of Collage Paper all over my desk and paper flying every which way until I finally had the entire thing covered. YES! Matte and pretty. But...there are some "bald" spots so I had to bring in backup.  Mind you, this needs to be flat with no bumpety areas. Stamping was the perfect solution.  I stamped with several different sets and several different Distress Archival Inks until I was happy with the end result.

Products Used

Stamps
CMS394 Tiny Text
CMS365 Stitches
CMS395 The Professor
CMS345 Mr. Bones
CMS396 Field Label
CMS401 Flower Shop
CMS089 Bitty Grunge
CMS024 Winged Things 1
CMS180 Bird Feather

Distress Archival Ink
Black Soot
Peeled Paint
Ground Espresso
Fired Brick
Rustic Wilderness
Crackling Campfire
Vintage Photo

Collage Paper
Aviary
Botanical
Entomology
Plain

Alcohol Inks
Latte, Caramel, and Coffee

Distress Collage Medium


I buy my inks and other supplies at Ranger Ink

Ranger
https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1152523&u=2847800&m=78320&urllink=&afftrack=

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment