Thursday, November 4, 2021


Kitty Loves Christmas!

Greetings! Here are the steps I took to create this card.

1. I grabbed a piece of watercolor cardstock (be brand from Walmart) sprayed it with some water and then coated it with Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in the color Antique Linen and then dried it and trimmed to 5 1/4 x 4 inches.

2. I picked random stamps from the Tim Holtz and Stamper's Anonymous Holiday Postmarks CMS 323 and laid my stained paper in my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform then laid the stamps out how I wanted them.  Pretty randomly.  I picked up the stamps with the lid and inked them up with Versafine Clair ink in the color Nocturn.  I repeated this twice to get them nice and dark and let the ink dry completely.

3.  I grabbed some of my Simon Hurley re-inkers in the colors Viper, Game Over, Shooting Star, over the Moon, No diving, and Grrr and water colored the stamps with the ink and my water brush and let that dry completely. 

4. On a separate piece of watercolor paper I stamped out this Kitty Watching stamp #SD635 from Technique Junkies also with the Versafine Clair in Nocturn with 3 layers of ink and let that dry completely.

5. I painted the kitty with my Simon Hurley re-inker in Woof and a little bit of Rosy Cheeks for the nose.  I colored the eyes with a gold gel pen and outlined with a black Sharpie. I let that dry then fussy cut it out.  I edged it with a black marker and set aside.  

6. I got out my stamping platform and also stamped the kitty direct onto the background to preserve his little whiskers, then I glued the cut out piece right on top.  

7.  I took a piece of scrap watercolor paper and made a fairly thick coat of Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste in Bee Sting and laid in the twine and let that dry (took an hour or so.)

8. I created shadows along the postage marks and the kitty using a charcoal pencil and then rubbing with my finger.

9. I glued the background to a tent fold 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 red card base then trimmed the rectangle shape of the package to the size I wanted and glued it under the kitty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment