Sunday, November 21, 2021


I thought I would play around a bit and came up with this.  I started with the background and some Tim Holtz Distress Ink Sprays, Oxides, and Mica Stains.  I sprayed the very top with Chipped Sapphire Spray Stain followed by Villainous Potion, Peacock Feather, and Fossilized Amber. I then gave the top a couple of squirts of Hocus Pocus Mica Stain.  I followed that up with a couple of squirts of Salvaged Patina Oxide Spray then took an identical piece of watercolor paper and smooshed it right on top for a wonderful "twofer."

I let that dry then went to town with my Tim Holtz Distress Crayons in Hocus Pocus, Frosted Juniper, Tree Lot, Flickering Candle, Snow Flurries and some Forest Moss.  They are just scribbled on then blended with my finger.

Next, I used the negative of one of the bucks that I cut for another card from the Sizzix and Tim Holtz "Darling Deer" die set as a stencil to stencil in the black buck with some Versafine Clair Nocturn ink and a small, soft stencil brush.  I cut the second buck from Idea-ology Volume I Backdrops paper and glued him on in reverse.  

I "painted" the ground with a small stencil brush and Versafine Clair ink in the color Acorn. 

I cut a circle in the same paper to create the moon and then used the negative to darken one side creating a crescent moon and glued it on.  

I cut the trees from a Penny Black die set called Tall Trees from one of the papers from Idea-ology paper called Abandoned and glued them on.

I used a small spade knife to spread on the Icicle Crackle Paste on the bright side of the moon and let it dry overnight.

I used some Matte Distress Texture paste through a dotted Tim Holtz stencil to get some of the stars and some were stars that I had cut out of gold cardstock from Tim Holtz Swirling Stars die and glued on.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the Bold Tidings Minis stamps set from Tim Holtz onto the same paper that I cut the buck from then cut it apart, distressed the edges with the Acorn ink, and glued them down.  

I glued the panel down to a piece of fun foam and let it dry and glued another piece from another Tim Holtz paper pack that was a scrap from a 12x12 pad that is long gone, so I can't name it on to a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base and distressed the edges then glued the panel onto it.  I trimmed the tiniest bit off the edge of the card base to get the paper slivers that I glued on in the two random spots.

Thanks for visiting!
Tee



 

No comments:

Post a Comment