Tuesday, June 23, 2009

About My Serger

So I got this EZ-Lock EZ100 serger from Mike's mom...I have always wanted one. Why? After trying to learn to use it with no manual, that serger nearly became road trash.

Side Note: in Alabama, you can put anything by the side of the road on trash day, I do mean anything, furniture, old carpet, giant boxes, etc. I call it road trash and sometimes road treasure. Got a neat vintage desk the other week with a personality (meaning there were I love so and so's carved into the top).

I logged onto the WWW in hopes of finding a manual for this old machine that evidentially Singer refuses to take credit for. Each one threads differently and if you don't get it threaded proper, you are doomed! I found one alright, on eBay and I had to pay $8.95 for it. Oh, I can't blame the seller. It was a scanned copy and was e-mailed to me PDF.

The other thing. When I sew on the serger, the foot pedal makes popping noises. Mike says it is something about the flux capacitor (okay, those weren't his exact words, but who can be bothered with technicalities when they are sure their serger is going to zap them into who knows where). He said make sure to wear my flip-flops and it will be fine. Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Anyway, the point of this story is that I wanted to share this manual with those other's of you that I saw looking for it, free of charge and NO HASSLES!

Click to open and save the PDF file EZ-Lock EZ100 Owner's Manual

Too bad for me it doesn't come with a brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment