Saturday, February 11, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Love is in the Air!


I decided I had time to enter into another Monday Challenge with Simon Says Stamp.

Let me take you through the process of this easy card! I decided to go "punny" with this one with the wild mushrooms cut from Tim Holtz Funky Toadstools 665216 and some heavy white cardstock.  I colored them with Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Lumberjack and Plaid for the tops and Lost Shadow, Tea Dye, and Hickory Smoke for the stems.





Once I had them all cut out and glued together it was time to decide on an arrangement on the card panel.

I decided I liked the corner arrangement and that the best pun would be this Wild About You from CZ Design.  I love Cathy's work!


I cut both parts out of heavy white paper then colored the shadow layer with the Lumberjack Plaid.


And now it was time to put it all together! First I glued down the mushrooms then popped my sentiment up with some foam tape and glued it all down to a Schoolhouse Red card base.



I added three little hearts that I had cut from Tim Holtz Falling Hearts 664415 and my "punny" card was done!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo T











 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! WOW! WOW! FANTASTIC USE OF DIES! 💗💗💗I saw this at the SSS Monday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love to have you come and play with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. I hope you'll join the fun. Have a blessed and creative week.
    Cheers, Makira
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
    https://mkccreate.home.blog/
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's really nice of you to invite me.

      Delete