Thursday, April 21, 2022

Art Stacks Paper Card Design




This is a card I made using multiple papers from Art Stacks.  

Art Stacks is a small, family owned paper design business based out of Australia. They sell physical paper packs and also digital!  I have used the digital version for my card design today.  You can find all of the pretty papers here.  

My background was printed on Hamilco glossy paper from the Lorraine Haight Moraine Backstacks collection. I fussy cut the window from the Doors and Windows Cardstack collection and the man in the wonderful jacket from the Lorraine Haight Moraine "Altered Ancestors" collection.

I first glued down the window and added a bit of shadow around the outside edge with my Tim Holtz Distress Crayon in black. I outlined the gentleman in black and popped him up on the card with a bit of foam tape. I wanted to make sure I placed my elements to still be able to showcase the beautiful sunflower in the background.   

I just got my Distress Translucent Crackle Paste in the mail that day so I decided to test it out for a more mixed media vibe. I spread a bit on the window and on the top corner and let it dry then used my Vintage Photo Distress Crayon to sort of fill in the cracks.

I cut out and colored one of the sentiments from the Words of Wisdom mini stack and sort of arched it over the gentleman's legs.  I grabbed a bee from my stash and glued it onto the sunflower then ripped a couple of scraps and stuck them down on the side of the card.

I finished it off with a few small dots of a diamond paste from my stash and my card was complete!

Be sure to visit Art Stacks for tons of inspiration and unique papers!




No comments:

Post a Comment